Tabs Studio v4.0.0 - August 1, 2016
- Stopped support for Visual Studio 2005, Visual Studio 2008, SSMS 2005 and SSMS 2008.
- Added Task Canvas tab tracking exclusion to the TrackEd add-in.
- Added stdole.dll to the Tabs Studio installer for VS 2015+.
- Fixed the registration conflict on startup with Window Title Changer.
- Fixed the rare SEHException with signals dispose on exit.
Tabs Studio v3.8.0 - May 10, 2016
- Added support for Visual Studio "15" Preview Enterprise (Visual Studio "15" Preview with New Lightweight Installer is not supported).
- Added support for SQL Server Management Studio 2016 March Preview Refresh and newer builds (older builds of SSMS 2016 are no longer supported).
- Removed the Close All but Pinned command from the context menu.
- Removed the incorrect hook for stdole.dll loading in Visual Studio 2015+.
- Fixed the rare MarshalingWindowFrame disposed object exception in the Saver add-in.
Tabs Studio v3.7.2 - March 5, 2016
Created the TrackEd add-in to show a yellow bar in the tab title for modified files and a green bar for edited and saved files.
- Added the ability to quickly set SQL tab comment from text selection in the active document.
- Fixed a conflict with the Visual Studio Window Title Changer extension on startup.
Tabs Studio v3.7.1 - January 25, 2016
- Increased tabs font size selection up to 20pt for HiDPI screens.
- Fixed a rare exception on Visual Studio startup when PPT document well is installed.
Tabs Studio v3.7.0 - October 28, 2015
- Added support for SQL Server Management Studio 2016 Beta.
- Created the AfterClose add-in to activate the next tab (instead of the last selected document) after closing the active one.
- Added NavigateToNextGroup and NavigateToPreviousGroup commands to the Navigator add-in to navigate between tab groups from the keyboard.
- Added MoveTabLeft and MoveTabRight commands to the Navigator add-in to reorder tabs from the keyboard.
- Improved the SingleRow add-in to show one hidden tab after closing a visible tab.
- Added support for the preview tab to the Navigator add-in.
- Added support for custom title grouping to the Disambiguator add-in.
- Added the RestoreToolbar command and the corresponding RestoreToolbar add-in for SSMS.
- Restored tabs visibility when switching Visual Studio layouts (changed in v3.6.5).
- Fixed the Saver add-in not saving order when closing Visual Studio from the debug mode.
- Fixed undefined behavior in style properties inheritance.
- Fixed a rare NullReferenceException in TabGroupsService.GroupWindows.
Tabs Studio v3.6.5 - August 21, 2015
- Improved layout monitoring to prevent occasional tabs reordering.
- Fixed rare Visual Studio hang when loading a solution.
- Fixed the inability to customize the main menu in Visual Studio 2015.
- Fixed a rare NullReferenceException in ViewElementFromVSWindow.
- Fixed the MvcGroup add-in occasionally not recognizing MVC files after loading a solution due to different path case.
- Added support for Visual Studio 2015 to the Troubleshooter add-in.
Tabs Studio v3.6.0 - May 20, 2015
- Added support for Visual Studio 2015 to the XMenu add-in.
- Added the ability to expand closed projects for the Sync add-in.
- Added access to the Visual Studio 2015 package interface for Tabs Studio add-ins.
- Enabled the Navigator add-in by default in VS 2015.
- Fixed a rare ObjectDisposedException for MarshalingWindowFrame when updating windows.
- Fixed a rare check failure in AnimationMonitor.
Tabs Studio v3.5.0 - February 8, 2015
Added support for Visual Studio 2015.
- Added the ability to customize comment placement in the tab title with the SQLComment add-in.
- Added the ability to manually set the tab comment with the SQLComment add-in.
- Enabled the SQLComment add-in by default in SSMS 2012/2014.
- Added the ability to customize extensions priority in the OrderEx add-in.
- Created the CloseClick add-in to close a tab by double-click.
- Fixed KeyNotFoundException in Sorter when opening a priority disambiguated tab.
- Fixed a rare ObjectDisposedException for MarshalingWindowFrame when opening Tabs Studio options.
- Fixed a rare “This Visual is not connected to a PresentationSource” exception.
- Fixed a rare ObjectDisposedException in the on_window_moved handler.
Tabs Studio v3.2.0 - May 4, 2014
- Added support for SQL Server Management Studio 2014.
Created the SQLComment add-in to add an SQL query description to the SSMS tab name.
- Added the ability to display directories in tabs with the Disambiguator add-in.
- Added the ability to float a window by dragging a tab.
- Fixed Disambiguator to ignore the preview tab.
- Fixed the precondition violation after changing add-in files and clicking Save in the Add-in Manager.
- Fixed a rare ArgumentNullException in find_groups.
- Added an exception handler for ObjectDisposedException in VSWindow.activate.
Tabs Studio v3.1.5 - October 28, 2013
Added support for multipart names in the title grouping regex.
- Added more diagnostic information to the error dialog.
- Removed the sometimes incorrect error message after copying the document path to the clipboard.
Tabs Studio v3.1.4 - October 11, 2013
- Improved the fix for ObjectDisposedException on opening a solution in VS 2013.
Tabs Studio v3.1.3 - September 28, 2013
- Added the ability to run Tabs Studio without .NET 3.5 installed in VS 2010+.
- Fixed the empty minimized separate tabs window tab title in VS 2010+.
Tabs Studio v3.1.2 - August 27, 2013
Added the SolutionSettingsDir setting.
- Implemented proper Tabs Studio uninstallation for VS 2013.
- Fixed an exception for very slow opening tabs.
- Fixed ObjectDisposedException on opening a solution in VS 2013.
Tabs Studio v3.1.0 - June 30, 2013
- Added support for Visual Studio 2013 Preview.
Added sorting rules to the Sorter add-in.
- Fixed missing executing and debugging images in SSMS 2012.
- Fixed VS 2012 service registration when AlwaysInstallElevated is set to 1.
- Fixed the rare measure infinity exception.
Tabs Studio v3.0.3 - November 20, 2012
- Added detection for Custom Document Well installed in Visual Studio 2012.
- Reduced brightness of the About icon on the toolbar for Visual Studio 2012 dark theme.
Tabs Studio v3.0.1 - September 17, 2012
Added smart suggestions to the Tab Coloring Rule dialog.
Added the ability to customize tab foreground from the Tab Coloring Rule dialog.
Created top level tab context menu selection for Marker highlighting colors.
- Added the Drag rules to reorder label to the Presentation options page.
- Simplified foreground customization from styles.
Tabs Studio v3.0.0 - September 12, 2012
Added support for Visual Studio 2012 color themes.
Implemented the right position for the preview tab in Visual Studio 2012.
- Removed the Tabs Studio restart after saving Add-in Manager settings if the list of startup add-ins has not been changed.
- Changed the Tabs Studio logo.
Tabs Studio v2.8.2 - August 28, 2012
- Added support for Visual Studio 2012 RTM.
- Added the Sort by highlight index option to the Sorder add-in.
- Added the Maintain highlight status if tab is closed option to the Marker add-in.
- Added saving the status of highlighted tabs on the File.SaveAll command and on build begin events to the Marker add-in.
- Implemented relative paths storing for the highlighted tabs in the Marker add-in.
- Fixed the read only suffix on German VS 2008.
Tabs Studio v2.8.0 - June 11, 2012
Added support for Visual Studio 2012 RC.
Added the ShortTabsPriority property to customize tabs layout.
- Increased the default ShortTabsPriority value from 1 to 3.
- Reduced default tooltip show delay from 1500 ms to 500 ms.
- Improved detection of inactive Move to next/previous tab group commands.
- Added the Floating tab context menu command for grouped tabs in VS 2010+.
- Fixed loss of icons in the Tabs Studio toolbar after customization in VS 2010.
- Fixed an unhandled exception for some custom styles with mouse trigger conditions.
Tabs Studio v2.7.2 - April 24, 2012
Added support for Visual Studio 11 Beta.
Added support for SQL Server 2012 Management Studio.
- Added the ability to drag tabs with the mouse between tab groups (only in VS 2010, VS 11 and SSMS 2012).
- Added the ability to change order of tab coloring rules using drag and drop.
- Added the ability to clone a tab coloring rule.
- Enabled tab highlighting with Ctrl+Click without tab activation.
- Added Visual Studio commands for keyboard binding with the TabsStudio.Connect prefix: MarkerRemoveAllHighlighting, MarkerCloseAllButHighlighted, MarkerToggleTabHighlighting, MarkerNextTabHighlightingColor, SyncTabWithSolutionExplorer, SyncDocumentWithSolutionExplorer.
- Added better descriptions for boolean properties in the "Tab Coloring Rule" dialog.
- Added deletion of Navigator's commands on uninstall.
- Increased default LessRowsPriority value from 1 to 5.
- Removed the "Animate extension selection and close tab button" option.
- Fixed unhandled COMException when copy full path to the clipboard fails.
Tabs Studio v2.6.0 - December 13, 2011
Added the ability to sort tabs by project, extension and with path in the tab name to the Sorter add-in.
Enabled separate add-in settings for SSMS 2008 and VS 2008.
- Included add-in settings to export/import settings.
Fixed add-ins restart (for example, SingleRow crashed after import
Fixed the failure to load the AvalonStyleEditor add-in on localized
Visual Studio editions.
Fixed loss of the previously selected tab state in SSMS when
opening a new tab with tab grouping enabled.
Removed separate tabs tool window activation each time debugging
starts in Visual Studio 2010 and fixed a rare crash when making this
Fixed tabs reset when Windows theme is changed with Visual Studio
Tabs Studio v2.5.5 - October 17, 2011
Added the PriorityGroup add-in.
Added the LessRowsPriority property to customize tab layout.
Added basic support for Visual Studio 11 Developer Preview.
- Fixed an occasional tabs reorder in VS 2010 when starting a debug session introduced with Tabs Studio v2.4.5.
- Fixed loss of highlighting for a tab moved to another group.
- Fixed tab moving to a row with not enough row buffer.
- Fixed an internal XamlParseException visible when debugging your own Visual Studio add-in.
- Fixed uninstallation of CloseAllButThisTab and EmailSupport commands.
Tabs Studio v2.4.5 - August 16, 2011
Added the ability to export and import Tabs Studio settings.
Unified tab layouts to Horizontal and Vertical.
Added the ability to highlight tabs with different colors to the Marker add-in.
- Added tab movement animation support for the Vertical tabs layout.
- Added the Re-sort tabs tab context menu command to the Sorter add-in.
- Added Disable Tabs Studio option reset on reinstallation.
- Added the Close tooltip to the close tab button.
- Changed the unfocused selected tab background in Visual Studio 2010 to be more prominent.
- Fixed occasional change of selected extension in a tab in Visual Studio 2010 after switching to the full screen mode or starting a debug session.
Tabs Studio v2.4.0 - June 12, 2011
Added the Stable tabs layout.
Added the Animate tab movement option for the Stable tabs layout.
Enabled the AvalonStyleEditor, Marker, NewGroup, Saver, Sync and
XMenu add-ins by default.
Updated the Marker add-in to not create a settings file for a
solution when no tabs are highlighted.
- Improved tab measurement and arrangement correctness in the Shaper add-in.
- Fixed VS 2010 intellisense stops working when switching tabs with a suggestions list active.
- Fixed an occasional 1 pixel wide gap between tabs in Visual Studio 2010.
Tabs Studio v2.3.5 - May 5, 2011
Added the XMenu add-in to the Tabs Studio installer.
Added the Tab extensions regex rule to the Tab Coloring Rule dialog and added the TabExtensions property to the Tab control.
Added NavigateToNextWindow and NavigateToPreviousWindow commands to the Navigator add-in.
- Added the TabsStudio.Connect.CloseAllButThisTab command.
- Added the GetCorrespondingFiles function to ITabsStudioEngine extensibility API.
Updated the Marker add-in to save the highlighted tabs list when you close Visual Studio and restore highlighting when the solution is opened the next time.
- Updated the Disambiguator add-in to prefer project names for tabs from different projects.
- Changed extensions sorting in a tab and in the Open context menu commands list to ignore case.
- Fixed several bugs in the Saver add-in preventing it to correctly restore tabs order.
- Fixed excessive window rescans when applying changed Tabs Studio options.
Tabs Studio v2.3.2 - March 17, 2011
Added the Marker add-in to the Tabs Studio installer.
Added a warning message when Document Well 2010 Plus is installed.
Tabs Studio v2.3.1 - March 3, 2011
- Added special character escapes when populating the tab name and project name regular expressions in the Tab Coloring Rule dialog.
Added the OpenNext add-in to the installer.
Disabled document floating on tab double click in Visual Studio 2010.
Disabled default SSMS tab grouping.
- Updated the Disambiguator add-in to ignore case differences when comparing tab titles.
- Updated the Shaper add-in to support customizable horizontal tab alignment.
- Fixed absence of the file save dialog when closing a modified xaml file.
- Fixed TypeInitializationException during debugging when dragging the DataSet Visualizer over tabs.
Fixed right close tab button alignment in Visual Studio 2010.
- Fixed occasional short appearance of original Visual Studio 2010 tabs (e.g. when starting a debug session).
- Fixed inability to use special characters like < in regular expressions of the Tab Coloring Rule dialog.
Tabs Studio v2.2.5 - January 27, 2011
Added real tabs preview to the Options dialog.
Added the Disable Tabs Studio option.
- Changed tabs tool window background to match Visual Studio background in VS 2010.
- Fixed missing stdole.dll exception for some partial VS 2005 and VS 2010 installations.
- Fixed opening relative files in other directories for solutions with unloaded projects.
- Fixed assertion violation when changing example paths in Path Grouping options to root or upper directory values.
Tabs Studio v2.2.3 - December 2, 2010
- Added the Check for product updates on startup and Group files from completely different directories options.
- Added support for solution folders and improved performance when looking for corresponding files.
- Changed extensions sorting to place extensions without a dot at the end.
- Changed the Don't group designer files regex snippet to include more files.
- Changed the spilt preview to the grouping preview in Title grouping options.
- Refined Title grouping and Path grouping pages.
- Fixed incorrect installation when VS uses the Visual Studio 10 folder instead of Visual Studio 2010.
Tabs Studio v2.2.0 - November 19, 2010
- Added tab coloring parameters and the Set color context menu command.
- Added Paths, TabName and ProjectName tab item properties.
- Added the ability to customize the style from add-ins.
- Added default styles to SingleRow and Shaper.
- Added SingleRow and AvalonStyleEditor to the Tabs Studio installer.
- Added sample snippets and the ability to revert to default for title and path grouping regular expressions.
- Added the 1 second delay before activating a tab when dragging a text over its header.
- Added RegexMatch converter to default style resources.
- Replaced the Quick Style dialog with Presentation options.
- Changed DefaultTabExtensionCloseButton style key to DefaultTabExtensionCloseButtonStyle.
- Deleted Projector from prepackaged add-ins.
- Updated system requirements to have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed.
- Fixed Disambiguator not working with the Remove path from tab name option.
- Fixed an installation for SSMS when Visual Studio is not installed.
Tabs Studio v2.1.5 - October 23, 2010
- Added tab activation when dragging text over the tab header.
- Added automatic Tabs Studio restart after saving changes in the Add-in Manager dialog.
- Added ability to customize the style editor in Tabs Studio.
- Added maximized window state and selected tab restoring when reopening the Options dialog.
- Added support for PowerBuilder .NET 12.0.
- Removed an error notification when placing a non Tabs Studio add-in dll to the add-in installation folder.
- Fixed inability to use the tab character in the style editor.
Tabs Studio v2.1.2 - September 26, 2010
- Added Disambiguator, MvcGroup, Navigator, NewGroup, Projector, Saver, Shaper, Sorter, Sync and Troubleshooter add-ins to the Tabs Studio installer.
- Added ability to enable and disable add-ins in the Add-in Manager window.
- Added the TabsHost root control for tabs panel customization.
- Added the Write e-mail to support button to the Tabs Studio toolbar.
Tabs Studio v2.1.0 - August 12, 2010
- Added ability to customize tab name content with custom controls.
- Removed excessive tab updates on settings change, extension removal, extension modification.
- Fixed rare AccessViolationException after closing tabs in Visual Studio 2008.
Tabs Studio v2.0.6 - June 23, 2010
- Added more add-ins loading error diagnostic.
- Fixed inability to run Tabs Studio from a network share in VS 2010.
Tabs Studio v2.0.5 - June 9, 2010
- Added Visual Studio 2010 Pro Power Tools support.
- Added tab floating on double click in VS 2010.
- Improved compatibility with other add-ins' toolbars in VS 2010.
Tabs Studio v2.0.1 - May 7, 2010
- Fixed tabs reordering when entering the debug mode in Visual Studio 2010.
Tabs Studio v2.0.0 - April 18, 2010
- Added the Tabs Studio toolbar to VS 2010.
- Added the Show tabs in a separate window option to VS 2010.
- Added close file buttons.
- Added support for Debugging and Executing tab states in SSMS.
- Added ReadOnly tab title text cleanup in SSMS.
- Changed selected tab colors to match the default VS 2010 theme.
- Removed the XP quick style option in VS 2010.
- Removed the fixed expiration date for VS 2010.
- Verified Visual Studio 2010 RTM support.
- Fixed the rare unhandled exception when creating the Tabs Studio toolbar.
Tabs Studio v1.9.0 - March 5, 2010
- Added two additional tabs layouts: Wrap and Stack.
- Added the Group titles ignoring case differences option.
- Added Title grouping regex processing to single titles.
- Changed default Title grouping regex and remove path transform to support a path with back slashes.
- Improved the first Tabs window's reliability to save and restore its position.
- Changed Tabs Studio extensibility API for Panel access and correspondingly updated Navigator, Saver and Sorter add-ins.
- Changed installer to leave disabled Tabs Studio state in SSMS on upgrade.
- Separated remove path transforms for VS and SSMS internally.
- Removed unnecessary access to Visual Studio documents on tabs update.
- Verified Visual Studio 2010 RC support.
- Fixed 2 pixels tabs overflow over a code window in SSMS.
- Fixed an occasional dark 1 pixel line under the tabs.
- Fixed the Open Corresponding File error to open .h files on non-English VS editions by removing workaround to open Windows Forms .h files from .h [Design].
- Fixed inability to display identical extensions in one tab group.
- Fixed rare code window shift when using tabs in a separate window.
- Fixed the incorrect package name in the Visual Studio 2010 About window for the Tabs Studio 2010 Helper extension.
Tabs Studio v1.8.0 - February 4, 2010
- Added the Show tabs in a separate window option (except in VS 2010).
- Added the TabsStudio.Connect.ShowTabsWindow command.
- Added Tabs Studio toolbar (except in VS 2010).
- Added a Quick Style option to animate extension selection and the close tab button.
Added IsGroupFocused and IsGroupWithLastActiveDocument properties for styling (only in VS
- Added Remove path from tab name option functionality for SSMS.
- Added support for SSMS table paths.
- Added the Maximum number of tabs in a group option.
- Added Tabs Studio commands removal from Visual Studio 2005/2008 on uninstallation.
- Added version information to the VS About window.
- Created new title grouping rules for SSMS.
- Organized separate settings storage for SSMS.
- Changed empty tab grouping regex options to mean "disable tab grouping".
- Renamed the Settings command to Options.
- Improved selected tab glow in Visual Studio 2010.
- Fixed excessive selected tab updates.
- Fixed underscore duplication in extension introduced with new style in v1.7.2.
- Fixed windows shift in VS 2005 and SSMS.
- Fixed rare tab non grouping after renaming a document.
- Fixed rare unhandled exception in SSMS query designer.
- Fixed unhandled exception when opening context menu in a solution with unrecognized projects.
Tabs Studio v1.7.2 - October 28, 2009
- Added Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 support.
- Added automatic registration with SQL Server Management Studio 2005.
- Updated default tab extension style.
Tabs Studio v1.7.0 - October 21, 2009
- Added the Quick Style builder.
- Added ability to customize tab context menu from an add-in.
- Added experimental floating tab group support for Visual Studio 2005/2008.
- Added experimental support for Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2008.
- Added Help and Add-in installation folder links to the Add-in Manager window.
- Added the Help link to the Options window.
- Redesigned the close tab button.
- Conducted general UI cleanup.
- Fixed sharing violation accessing registration info file when opening several Visual Studio instances at the same time.
Tabs Studio v1.6.0 - September 4, 2009
- Added support for custom add-ins.
- Added ability to customize file modification status.
- Changed default title splitting regex to handle dot in directory name.
- Fixed inability to install Tabs Studio when My Documents directory points to a network share.
- Fixed inability to install Tabs Studio when AlwaysInstallElevated policy is set on the computer.
- Fixed Tabs Studio dialogs centering when Visual Studio is maximized.
- Fixed Visual Studio tabs displacement after unloading Tabs Studio.
Tabs Studio v1.5.0 - August 1, 2009
- Added support for Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1.
- Added MDI mode support.
- Created single msi installer for all supported Visual Studio versions.
- Changed tab closing and tab context menu opening from mouse button down to mouse button up event.
Tabs Studio v1.4.0 - June 24, 2009
- Added advanced tab grouping options.
- Added digital signature to the Tabs Studio installer and TabsStudio.dll.
- Added experimental support and separate installer for Visual Studio 2005.
- Fixed missing underscores in context menu file name.
- Fixed missing corresponding file for documents with path in tab name.
- Fixed tabs displacement and reordering when using virtual desktop software.
Tabs Studio v1.3.2 - June 4, 2009
- Added support for larger than normal DPI scaling display settings.
- Fixed assertion failure when closing Web Browser window (and windows based on Web Browser such as Integrated Help and Samples) using Window.CloseDocumentWindow keyboard command or using Window - Hide menu command.
Tabs Studio v1.3.0 - June 2, 2009
- Added horizontal and vertical tab groups support.
- Added ability to open corresponding files using tab context menu and using TabsStudio.Connect.OpenCorrespondingFile command.
- Added .aspx.vb, .inl to the list of combinable extensions.
- Fixed tab from moving to the last position on read only status change.
- Fixed accidental tab drag on tab selection when number of toolbars changes.
Tabs Studio v1.2.0 - May 21, 2009
Added Visual Studio TabsStudio.Connect.* commands to open about and
settings dialogs, close selected tab, activate previous and next
extensions in selected tab, select previously selected tab.
- Added ability to change tab position by dragging it with mouse.
- Added style preview.
Added Save, Floating, Dockable and Close All Documents commands to
tab's context menu.
- Added tooltip for non document tabs.
- Added IsPreviouslySelectedTab and IsDocument properties to tab controls.
- Fixed unhandled exception when applying style with control template having invalid type.
Fixed IsTabSelected and IsMultiExtensions properties for TabToolTip
control; IsTabSelected, IsExtensionActive and IsExtensionReadOnly
properties for TabExtensionToolTip control; IsMultiExtensions property
for TabInternals and Tab controls. These properties were always false.
Tabs Studio v1.1.0 - May 8, 2009
- Added visual styling support.
- Added close tab button to selected tab.
- Added Remove path from tab name option.
- Fixed tab rows from switching on tab selection.
- Added .ascx, .ascx.cs, .master, .master.cs to the list of combinable extensions.
Tabs Studio v1.0.0 - April 6, 2009
- Added registration.
- Added more icons to the tabs context menu.
Tabs Studio v0.9.0 - April 1, 2009
- Added Close All But This, Copy Full Path and Open Containing Folder context menu commands.
- Added a file path tooltip for tabs.
Tabs Studio v0.8.6 - March 31, 2009
- Added lock icon and ability to be combinable for read only files.
- Added .settings, .js, .svc, .svc.cs to the list of combinable extensions.
- Reduced extension shadow opacity.
- Documented requirement to have C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable installed to run Tabs Studio on VS 2008 RTM.
Tabs Studio v0.8.5 - March 28, 2009
- Added automatic tab grouping.
- Created Tabs Studio icon.
- Fixed rare incorrect vertical tabs position after opening a solution.
Tabs Studio v0.8.0 - March 17, 2009
Copyright 2009 - 2017
Vlasov Studio (Visual Studio add-ins, extensions and tools)